Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dreams IN MY FACE

I should say THINGS ARE GOOD! It's AMAZING... how the very things I dream about happening are right here, in my face, to work on...good stuff! sorta...but...don't know if I'm ready for it.

My dream is to help design programs or modify existing programs, so that displaced, disabled, or otherwise underfunctioning individuals have the opportunity to succeed with employment, educational programs geared toward increasing independence with employment or running their own businesss if appropriate, and adapting working situations to facilitate increased independence for persons otherwise unable to maintain positions. (wordy, wordy, wordy...sorry about that!!)

Here I am! With needs to fill spots in my business, and only people with terrible work histories, disabilities or other difficulties available to assist and YES that makes it difficult to imagine a functional bottom line...and YES that increases the difficulty level of business ownership...and WHO KNOWS if job duties will be able to be counted on to be carried out? WELL!!! The best therapeutic approach, as I know, is to still put a person in a position to have to, so that their chances of learning it are increased dramatically! And having to face the consequences of NOT fulfilling work duties actually increases their understanding of what is needed in the future...meanwhile I have a business to run...

So there are inherent difficulties, of course, unless I had grant money to fill in the gaps, to compensate for documenting results for research purposes, and to cover the bases for having to cover jobs undone...

OH! The joys of being a hopeless dreamer...are many, I tell you. I still love Don Quixote...he's my hero...LOL.

Maybe I could outline a learning model which could produce profits (SHOULD produce profits...) and there could be a well crafted equation to determine what goes where to steadily increase productivity, success, motivation (of participants), without enabling maladaptive responses, to the best of the ability of the working model. And whatever disability income from whatever source is factored into the equation without undermining the motivation that success-driven profits reinforces, so that a person who achieves more actually benefits more financially but does not ever drop below a reasonable standard of living (without stifling the motivation to improve...)

ok this is wordy and not terribly clear, I'm sorry, but at least it should be blog-worthy in this unrefined state!

I better go to bed. Goodnight beautiful world, I love you!

3 Comments:

Anonymous wolfbaby said...

that sucks sounds like trying to work without all the safty nets...

good luck

8:40 PM  
Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

supposedly people with disabilities, like women, are better workers because they have to work harder to prove themselves to people who undervalue them....

11:56 PM  
Blogger Hoping4more said...

u are so right, dragonfily!! u know i am so annoyed because i wrote a huge message, and it disappeared into cyberspace, what a total pain in the rear, all that heartfelt response and analysis down the tubes. later i'll try to respond again, so annoyin' that that happened!!!
wow...

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home