Friday, September 01, 2006

Biblical Law Regarding Marriage/Divorce

Check this out; reading through this made me feel an enormous sense of peace. I've had a copy given to me for quite awhile now, along with dozens of other books on family, marriage, divorce, coping, and such...so I hadn't taken a real peek at it until today, and...HALLELUJAH! This just makes my whole world start to make sense...

There is some calm from that spinning sensation, of having to make sense of things that inherently contradict. Just isn't possible. There IS a way, though, for what is true to be truly understood, and it often involves digging deeper into the meanings of widespread concepts. You cannot just sit there and accept it without a question: God didn't make us that way.

We are meant to quest for more understanding, seek wisdom, and find the answers to our real questions, NOT just accept things others tell us...

Tell me this: do you not know, within yourself, when there is something that is JUST NOT QUITE RIGHT??? It is a mystery, but in there you understand that amongst the ten answers thrown your way, NONE of them really hit it on the nose? Therefore you must go out, seek more, and understand the reasons why...

That is my rant for now. Goodbye! Blessings to all.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Tully said...

Hello Again Beloved,

This pdf download is one of the most beautiful comments on love an marriage that I have ever read: The Best Love.

I hope you and yours are well (hard to tell, sometimes). You are in my prayers tonight.

Love and Service,
Tully

11:34 PM  
Blogger fidelity said...

see TrueMarriage.net for some ideas on this.

3:44 AM  
Blogger Nay said...

Wow-- being conservative Church of Christ this is something I will need to look into.

Never heard it explained that way, but King James Version strict adherence is typical in CoC.

Thanks for the reference.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Hoping4more said...

you're welcome Nay! thanks for the other suggestions, tully and fidelity! I will plan to look into both of those.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sona enterprise

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.adquity.com

Classifieds for our community. Buy, sell, trade, date, events... post anything. Adquity Classifieds.

http://www.adquity.com

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home